bluapapilio: (kpdh huntrix)
[personal profile] bluapapilio


Hungry ('26):「This hippo isn’t playing games.」The hungry hungry hippo one (except it's an omnivore). liked this more than I thought I would. I'm easy when it comes to there being a final girl. I did hate two of the deaths because they were so unclear. 3/5 stars

No Way Up ('24):「Brace yourself.」Another one I liked more than I thought I would! Airplane crash, sharks and survival. I appreciated that the queer man survived a lot. When the old person stays behind always gets me though, I get it but at the same time it makes me mad. Maybe when I'm that age I'll understand better. 3.5/5 stars

Dante's Peak ('97):「The pressure is building…」I got the hankering to rewatch this so it's not part of my challenge, but I really enjoyed it. I thought they did a good job with the characters, pacing, music etc! 4.5/5 stars

Hoppers ('26):「Act natural.」Really enjoyed this, it had a lot of heart and humor. I was a little sad Mabel couldn't communicate with the animals in the end anymore but they still had what she and her grandma had in the end. 4.5/5 stars




Cloverfield ('08):「Some thing has found us」Okay I have seen this before. There's no way that camera lasted that long without dying. I like how straightforward it is. You end up rooting for the characters a bit even though there was so much drama. It's left a little ambiguous whether two of them survived in the end but I mean, they were buried by rocks. 3.5/5 stars

Fall ('22):「Fear reaches new heights」I don't know what I was expecting what with the subject matter but I ended up having to look away multiple times due to the heights freaking me out. I feel like you see this kind of cheating plot a lot in similar movies. I like JDM but I didn't like his acting in this. Also there some plot holes that were hard to ignore there at the end. 3/4 stars

The Cycle ('26):「You can’t bury the past forever.」Had to watch without subtitles. People say it's best to go in without knowing anything but
spoiler
Still, really sad story. At the end were they trying to cure or kill him? 3/5 stars

Wolfwalkers ('20):「Be fierce. Be wild. Be free.」I was not expecting this to be such a hard watch! Every time "it's for your own good" was said I wanted to scream! But it's also a gorgeous, beautiful story about finding your own home, freedom and family. I really appreciate that the runtime allowed for everything to unfold as needed for the story. Highly recommend. 5/5

October 2026

S M T W T F S
     1 23
4 56 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 1920 21 22 2324
25262728293031

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags